Monongahela

A site dedicated to the review and analysis of potential sasquatch vocalizations, Sasquatch Bioacoustic combines techniques from the domains of intelligence collection, audio analysis and bioacoustic studies to examine the evidence of sasquatch through their vocalizations. ~Monongahela

Monday, June 27, 2011

Looking at New Areas in Virginia

Back on June 11th I decided to check out some new areas in Virginia (not West Viriginia) that may support sasquatch. While camping in these new areas I hiked extensively and put out multiple audio recorders to capture any vocalizations that might occur.

On the first morning, a very rainy night in the national forest, two loud wood knocks occurred just outside camp. They were loud enough to wake one of the folks in camp (I slept right through them):

http://sites.google.com/site/mongahela/myrecordings2011/110610_01-07-TwoBigKnocks.mp3

Much later on the 11th, just before midnight, a recorder I placed in a remote river bottom picked up a series of strange howls. They're very dissimilar to any coyote or dog howls I've ever recorded, but unlike many of the potential sasquatch howls I've studied. So in their own right their worth keeping track of, in case more such howls should be captured in the future:

http://sites.google.com/site/mongahela/myrecordings2011/WS500020-02-StrangeHowls-HPLPHRLPx3.mp3

Then finally, at about 5:30 a.m. on the 12th, as the sun was coming up a single whoop was captured by my camp recorder. I was still sleeping when this occurred, but it further supports my belief that one or more sasquatch are living in the region:

http://sites.google.com/site/mongahela/myrecordings2011/110611_02-08-MorningWhoop-SpectralEdit1-AMHPLPHR.mp3